Most Common Gemstones Associated with Libra
Monday the 23rd, we’ll be transitioning into the season of Libra! (Sept 23 – Oct 23) If that is your birth sign and you’re interested in working with gemstones that are especially effective during this time, or if you’re shopping for a gift for a beloved Libra – here is a comprehensive list of gemstones below. Which ones are you most drawn to?
- Ametrine – (Solar Plexus & Third Eye Chakra) – Stone of Spiritual Abundance – This is a combination of Amethyst and Citrine, so it combines many of their qualities. Ametrine generates helps us connect deeply to Spirit with assurance and optimism. The cleansing attributes of Citrine are amplified and sped up by the power of Amethyst. This helps to releases any negative blockages and behavior programming that stand in the way to our best life. It increases compatibility, cooperation, and harmony to our relationships.
- Bloodstone – (Heart Chakra) – Stone of Courage – is an intense healing stone. It inspires great courage, helps us maneuver through change, and to accept that the upset of turmoil can bring great rewards. It is incredibly grounding and protective. Bloodstone wards off evil and dispels negativity in our environment.
- Chiastolite – (Root & Sacral Chakra) – Stone of Transition – This stone was historically used to ward of the “evil eye.” It is still used to ward off dark energies and transmute negativity into lightness. This stone helps in the death and rebirth cycle, as well as out of body travel. It helps to loosen the attachment to the body to allow the soul to move freely. This is a comforting stone to hold during end of life situations (both for the dying and their loved ones) because it eases the transition and allows everyone to let go.
- Chrysoprase – (Heart Chakra) – Stone of Balance – This stone is well known for helping one feel balanced and Whole. It balances the yin-yang energies, male-female energies, and aligns and balances the chakras. It is a powerful heart chakra opener that brings loving energy to all of the chakras. It helps to balance mind, body and spirit, through the heart center.
- Hypersthene – (Root Chakra) – Stone of Comfort – This stone is soothing and comforting as you face your deepest fears. It surrounds you with hope and light while processing traumas and unearthed shadow issues.
- Iolite – (Third Eye Chakra) – Stone of Intuition – Iolite is used often during spiritual practices, such as healing, guided meditation, journeying, and astral projection) as it strengthens the Third Eye. It heightens intuitive abilities and accuracy of visions. It can help one move painlessly through change. Iolite aligns and balances all the fields of the aura.
- Jade – (Heart Chakra) – Stone of Manifestation – Jade is known to attract luck and prosperity. This helps with the dreamers and visionaries in the world. Jade helps one realize her potential and purpose in life. It gives us the confidence and self-assuredness to bring our dreams into reality. Jade helps to assure success in our endeavors. It helps one to remember and process dreams.
- Kyanite – (Throat Chakra) – Stone of Cleansing – This is one stone that never needs clearing or cleansing! It will not accumulate negative energies. It aligns all chakras immediately and balances the energies of mind, body, heart and spirit. It supports deep and steady meditation.
- Lepidolite – (Heart & Third Eye Chakra) – Stone of Transition – Its energy helps one through times of change. It also helps awaken and open the Crown Chakra allowing one to become aware of the inner and outer energies. This is an incredibly soothing stone and is very useful to reduce stress and anxiety. It dispels negativity and lifts depression.
- Moonstone – (Crown Chakra) – Stone of Reflection – It is balancing, introspective, reflective, and lunar. It allows us to absorb what is needed from the Universe. It brings calm, focused awareness, and cleanses negativity from all the chakras. This stone helps us sink deeper into a contemplative, meditative state, and allows us to get in touch with our intuitive and feeling abilities rather than logic or reason. Moonstone is feminine and nurturing; therefore, helping to bring compassion and comfort to our lives.
- Morganite (Pink Beryl) – (Heart Chakra) – Stone of Heart Expansion – This crystal helps you attract love and maintain it. It encourages healthy boundaries and the regular nurturing of a loving relationship. It also allows you to recognize the negative and limiting emotions that block spiritual development. Morganite eases unexpressed feelings and ignoring emotional needs to the surface for acknowledgement and resolution. It helps you to see where you might be unconsciously preventing healing.
- Mahogany Obsidian – (Root Chakra) – Stone of Development – Stimulates growth of the physical, emotional, intellectual and spiritual centers, and provides strength in times of need. Provides vitality to one’s lifework and help with the fulfillment of goals.
- Rainbow Obsidian – (Root Chakra) – Stone of Ultimate Joy – This stone brings gratification and enjoyment to ones life! It brings light and love to all situations. Like obsidian it is also a very protective and grounding stone. Known to be very effective in relieving depression.
- Opal – (Various Chakras) – Stone of Karma – This is a very gentle stone. It is cleansing, soothing and nurturing. It helps to gently stimulate psychic vision and abilities. It is stone of karma. It amplifies what we receive and manifest, and sends it back out to the World. It teaches that what you put out into the World is what comes back to you. In that vein, Opal encourages generosity and optimism as a way to nurture ourselves and others.
- Prehnite – (Solar Plexus Chakra) – Stone of Prophecy – Prehnite aids in the ability to prophesize, bringing in the aid of the Divine to inspire. It allows us to get in touch with that space of “inner knowing” to prepare for situations in the future. It aids dream recall and analysis which also helps us divine the answers from within and from the Universe.
- Rose Quartz – (Heart Chakra) – (Zodiac of Taurus & Libra) – Stone of Unconditional Love – It opens the heart chakra to all forms of love: self-love, family love, platonic love, and romantic love. Rose quartz has excellent protection energies during pregnancy and childbirth. It also brings gentleness, forgiveness, and tolerance. Rose quartz is also said to help with heart problems and also for calming, de-stressing and reducing high blood pressure.
- Sapphire – (Throat & Third Eye Chakra) – Stone of Wisdom – All sapphire helps us seek and attain deep wisdom. Each color has it’s own primary source. Blue Sapphire supports us as we seek Spiritual Wisdom and enables us to share this truth with others. Blue sapphire transmutes negative energies.
- Sunstone – (Solar Plexus Chakra) – Stone of Personal Power – It encourages leadership, courage, inner conviction, self-discipline and abundance. This gemstone allows us to invite abundance and generosity into our lives. The more we send out to support others, even more will return to us. It also cleanses and strengthens the aura, and supports us as we cut energetic attachments within our aura.
- Tanzanite – (Throat & Third Eye Chakras) – Stone of Magic – Tanzanite enhances the balance between personal power, creativity, will, and actualization, so one can bring their dreams to reality. It stimulates visions and insight into our Higher Goals. It has also been used to enable communication with the spirit world.
- Pink Tourmaline (Elbaite) – (Heart Chakra) – Stone of Trust – This crystal helps us trust in the power of love. It helps us navigate change with love and compassion. Pink Tourmaline is a powerful magnet for attracting love in your life, but reminds us that we need to love ourselves first before we can open the door to receiving love from others.
- Blue Tourmaline (Indicolite) – (Throat & Third Eye Chakras) – Stone of Awakening & Healing – Blue Tourmaline helps to awaken intuitive abilities and clarify our Highest Good. It encourages us to be of service to others, expand compassion, and develop a love of compassionate truth. This stone supports healers and prevents negativity from sticking to the healer. This gem enables repressed feelings to arise to the surface for healing.
Find Gemstones for Libra in the Crystal Healing Store!
Additional Gemstones for Libra:
Artinite, Bavenite, Beaverite, Bityite, Bustamite, Clevelandite, Red Coral, Damsonite, Daphnite, Diaspor, Dumonite, Eglestonite, Euchroite, Goshenite, Granite, Heinrichite, Hemimorphite, Hopeite, Horneblende, Hubnerite, Joaquinite, Katophorite, Kolbeckite, Mesolite, Microcline, Mixite, Mochi Balls, Mordenite, Penninite, Riebeckite, Scheelite, Simpsonite, Tantalite, Touchstone, Tremolite, Tunnelite, Ussingite, Wagnerite, Wohlerite, Zincite
- “The Book of Stones, Revised Edition: Who They Are and What They Teach”, By Robert Simmons and Naisha Ahsian
- “The Crystal Bible: A Definitive Guide to Crystals,” by Judy Hall.
- “Love is in the Earth: A Kaliedoscope of Crystals,” by Melody.