Most Common Gemstones Associated with Leo
On Tuesday, the 23rd, we’ll be transitioning into the season of Leo! (July 23 – August 23) If that is your birth sign and you’re interested in working with gemstones that are especially effective during this time, or if you’re shopping for a gift for a beloved Leo – here is a comprehensive list of gemstones below. Which ones are you most drawn to?
- Amber – (Sacral Chakra) – Stone of Healing – This is a powerful healing stone that draws illness from the body and increases vitality. It absorbs negative energies and transmutes it into positive allowing the body to heal unencumbered. The sunny brightness of Amber inspires creativity and lifts depression.
- Bronzite – (Root & Sacral Chakra) – Stone of Stability – This stone is a protective and grounding stone, helping us to remain calm and decisive during chaotic situations. Bronzite helps us enter into a state of Stillness which works well during meditation or crisis. This stone also protects against psychic attacks as it reflects any negative energy back to the originator.
- Carnelian – (Sacral Chakra) – The Artist’s Stone – Carnelian enhances analytical abilities, perceptiveness and awakens hidden talents and gifts. Carnelian is a stone of creativity and inspiration in all forms of art particularly drama and theater. It awakens curiosity and bolsters the courage of shy people. Wear carnelian when you do public speaking as it gives one courage and eloquence. Carnelian also transmutes negative energy into positive! It is also believed to enhance and stimulate sexual activity.
- Citrine – (Solar Plexus Chakra) – Stone of Abundance – Citrine is a powerful stone that never needs cleansing. It automatically transmutes any negative energy into radiant light and protects the aura from attack. This gemstone also encourage great success, abundance and generosity. It is a wonderful tool for manifesting your dreams.
- Danburite – (Crown Chakra) – Stone of Authenticity – This stone encourage you to let your light shine and appreciate your authentic Self! It is one of the highest vibration stones and helps to ease worry and stress. It helps to release emotional pain and boost self-esteem. Danburite can help heal old deep wounds, as well as clear past Karma. It helps to bring the aspects of enlightenment and love toward realization.
- Diamond – (Crown Chakra) – Stone of Purity & Manifestation – The Diamond is a powerful stone. It enhances relationships and marks commitment in marriages. It attracts abundance and enables you to manifest positivity and optimal opportunities into your life. It purifies the aura and allows your light to shine through to the world! Diamonds help to ease fear and shine a light in the darkness. It also amplifies energy and the effects of other stones.
- Garnet – (Root Chakra) – Stone of Renewal – Garnet removes negativity of all forms from our body and chakras and transmutes the energy to a beneficial state. It helps with emotional, spiritual and physical regeneration – helps everything become fresh and new. Garnet assists with purification, cleansing, and detoxification. Garnet also increases love, devotion, warmth and understanding in relationships.
- Jasper – (Various Chakras) – Stone of Nurturing – Jasper is known as the “supreme nurturer” and helps us bring peace, comfort, and sustenance to others. It also reminds us that we must nurture and take care of ourselves as well. In Shamanic practices Jasper is a highly protective stone. It helped to ground the shaman during ceremonies and ward off negative energies.
- Labradorite – (Third Eye Chakra) – Stone of Transformation and Magic – It is said to clear, balance and protect the aura. It is purported to help provide clarity and insight into your destiny, as well as attract success. It is used in metaphysics for dream recall. Labradorite is said to increase intuition, psychic development, esoteric wisdom, help with subconscious issues, and provide mental illumination.
- Marcasite – (Root Chakra) – Stone of Practical Spirituality – This stone allows us to look at ourselves, and our habits, with objectivity, so we can determine what we need release to proceed towards our True Path and Destiny. It stimulates both the intellect and desire to explore spirituality, so it helps you incorporate spirituality into everyday life. This is also a powerful protector. It creates a psychic shield and is especially useful for house clearings and removal of unwanted entities.
- Pietersite – (Throat, Solar Plexus, Sacral Chakras) – Stone of Spirituality – Pietersite has been said to contain the “keys to the kingdom of heaven” by linking the spiritual realm with everyday living. It reminds you that you are first a spiritual being experiencing the human condition, not the other way around. This stone helps to dispel illusion and assist one in the recognition of the beauty of the soul.
- Rhodochrosite – (Heart Chakra) – Stone of Love – This stone radiates the strongest power in the Universe, the power of love. It balances and restores feelings of love, and helps heal the wounds of love. It fosters love for all aspects of our self and others.
- Sunstone – (Solar Plexus Chakra) Stone of Personal Power – Sunstone encourages leadership, courage, inner conviction, self-discipline and abundance. This gemstone allows us to invite abundance and generosity into our lives. The more we send out to support others, even more will return to us. It also cleanses and strengthens the aura, and supports us as we cut energetic attachments within our aura.
- Tiger Iron – (Root, Sacral & Solar Plexus Chakras) – Stone of Refuge – Tiger Iron helps us to inherently find a place of refuge when we feel danger. This may be a physical refuge, or a spiritual/emotional one. The Tiger Eye gives us energy, especially during times of crisis and when we are trying to get to a space of refuge. The hematite in the stone is protective, grounding, and deflects negative energy – it allows us to rest when we reach safety. The red jasper in the stone encourages creativity and artistic endeavors.
- Golden Topaz – (Solar Plexus Chakra) – Stone of Inspiration – This gemstone lifts us up as it helps to recharge our physical, mental, emotional and spiritual batteries! This stone helps us recognize our own abilities and put them to best use. It encourages drive, confidence, and overcoming barriers to our success. It also helps us connect with the source of our Divinity and use it to follow our Highest Life Path.
Want Healing Gemstone Jewelry? Check out the ReikiGemJewelry Store
Other Aries Gems and Crystals:
Lake Superior Agate, Alurgite, Andesine, Arthurite, Ash, Azulicite, Bolivarite, Braunite, Calaverite, Chert, Childrenite, Chrysoberyl, Cinnabar, Cobaltite, Diaspor, Douglasite, Dumortierite, Eosphorite, Fillowite, Forsterite, Franckeite, Grandidierite, Greenockite, Heliodor, Homilite, Hummerite, Iridosmine, Picture Jasper, Kernite, Kidwellite, Lanthanite, Laubmannite, Linnaeite, Mesolite, Mosandrite, Muscovite, Red Obsidian, Fire Opal, Pectolite, Petalite, Plancheite, Pumpellyite, Pyrite, Pyrolusite, Rhodolite, Rickardite, Spangolite, Yellow Spinel, Yellow Tourmaline, Orange Tourmaline, Tugtupite, Wadeite, Whitlockite, Witherite, Xonotlite
- “The Book of Stones, Revised Edition: Who They Are and What They Teach”, By Robert Simmons and Naisha Ahsian
- “The Crystal Bible: A Definitive Guide to Crystals,” by Judy Hall.
- “Love is in the Earth: A Kaliedoscope of Crystals,” by Melody.