Most Common Gemstones Associated with Taurus
We are in the midst of Taurus Season! (April 21 – May 20) If that is your birth sign and you’re interested in working with gemstones that are especially effective during this time, or if you’re shopping for a gift for a beloved Taurus – here is a comprehensive list of gemstones below. Which ones are you most drawn to?
- Carnelian – (Sacral Chakra) – The Artist’s Stone – Carnelian enhances analytical abilities, perceptiveness and awakens hidden talents and gifts. Carnelian is a stone of creativity and inspiration in all forms of art particularly drama and theater. It awakens curiosity and bolsters the courage of shy people. Wear carnelian when you do public speaking as it gives one courage and eloquence. Carnelian also transmutes negative energy into positive! It is also believed to enhance and stimulate sexual activity.
- Chrysanthemum Stone – (Root & Sacral Chakras) – Stone of Harmony – This stone exudes a peaceful environment and brings harmony to conflicts. It helps to lighten-up our life and introduce fun and play. It enables one to remain calm and appreciate the present moment. It is also a stone of time travel.
- Chrysocolla – (Throat Chakra) – Stone of Communication – This stone strengthens one’s ability at expression and communication. It also helps to find the strength and courage to speak up, and to use compassion in our message. Chrysocolla has a strong connection with the Earth, and helps us communicate with the Earth spirits to heal and deepen our connection to the planet.
- Diamond – (Crown Chakra) – Stone of Purity & Manifestation – The Diamond is a powerful stone. It enhances relationships and marks commitment in marriages. It attracts abundance and enables you to manifest positivity and optimal opportunities into your life. It purifies the aura and allows your light to shine through to the world! Diamonds help to ease fear and shine a light in the darkness. It also amplifies energy and the effects of other stones.
- Iolite – (Third Eye Chakra) – Stone of Intuition – Iolite is used often during spiritual practices, such as healing, guided meditation, journeying, and astral projection) as it strengthens the Third Eye. It heightens intuitive abilities and accuracy of visions. It can help one move painlessly through change. Iolite aligns and balances all the fields of the aura.
- Jade – (Heart Chakra) – Stone of Dreams – Jade is known to attract luck and prosperity. This helps with the dreamers and visionaries in the world. Jade helps one realize her potential and purpose in life. It gives us the confidence and self-assuredness to bring our dreams into reality. Jade helps to assure success in our endeavors. It helps one to remember and process dreams.
- Red Jasper – (Root/Sacral Chakra) – Stone of Energy and Protection – Red Jasper gets you going on days you need a little extra boost and the ability to stay focused no matter what the day throws at you. It is also worn to help promote independence and a sense of responsibility. Red Jasper is also used to help enhance dream recall. This is a protection stone and assists during danger and rescue scenarios.
- Kunzite – (Heart Chakra) – Stone of Spirituality & Protection – Kunzite is an incredibly peaceful and open-hearted gemstone. It helps us sink deep into meditation, opens the heart center to expansive compassion, and helps us find peace and connection to all. It is also very protective and strengthens the energetic field. It creates a shield around the aura that repels negativity, unwanted attachments, and dark influences.
- Kyanite – (Throat Chakra) – Stone of Cleansing – This is one stone that never needs clearing or cleansing! It will not accumulate negative energies. It aligns all chakras immediately and balances the energies of mind, body, heart and spirit. It supports deep and steady meditation.
- Rhodonite – (Heart Chakra) – Stone of Love – Rhodonite energizes the heart chakra and brings the vibration of unconditional love to the physical plane. It is known as the “first aid stone” as it helps people in the midst of crisis, trauma and shock. This stone helps to achieve one’s greatest potential. Rhodonite also inspires empathy and see the other side of the picture.
- Rose Quartz – (Heart Chakra) – Stone of Unconditional Love – It opens the heart chakra to all forms of love: self-love, family love, platonic love, and romantic love. Rose quartz has excellent protection energies during pregnancy and childbirth. It also brings gentleness, forgiveness, and tolerance. Rose quartz is also said to help with heart problems and also for calming, de-stressing and reducing high blood pressure.
- Selenite – (Crown Chakra) – Stone of Expansion – Selenite exudes a powerful cleansing, protective, and opening energy. It will purify an room’s energy and will also cleanse gems and crystals it is stored with. It is valuable to use in a meditation room when you are trying to connect to deeper Wisdom or past lives. Selenite stores knowledge of the past and future, so focused meditation can unlock that insight.
- Thulite – (Heart Chakra) – Stone of Enjoyment – Thulite allows us to open our heart to experience pure joy of life. Allows us to balance the aspects of logic and love helping to integrate the heart and mind. It helps us recognize the Divine nature of all people, creatures and nature. It enhances relationships, attracts new friends, and boosts social confidence.
- Indicolite (Blue Tourmaline) – (Throat & Third Eye Chakra) – Stone of Awakening & Healing – Blue Tourmaline helps to awaken intuitive abilities and clarify our Highest Good. It encourages us to be of service to others, expand compassion, and develop a love of compassionate truth. This stone supports healers and prevents negativity from sticking to the healer. This gem enables repressed feelings to arise to the surface for healing.
- Variscite – (Heart Chakra) – Stone of Soothing – It is sometimes called a “true worry stone” because it eases fear, tension, anxiety, worry, and impatience. It also relieves stress and depression, and can give courage and inner strength. Variscite can help calm the mind and help it be still, which makes it an excellent stone for meditation.
Find Gemstones for Taurus in the Crystal Healing Store!
Additional Gemstones for Taurus:
Angel Wing Agate, Laguna Agate, Plasma Agate, Amblygonite, Beudantite, Bixbite, Boji Stone, Boleite, Botryogen, Cat’s Eye, Ceruleite, Chrystotile, Chudobaite, Concretion, Cuprite, Descloizite, Erionite, Erythrite, Fiedlerite, Florencite, Hambergite, Hanksite, Jahnsite, Joaquinite, Kasolite, Larsenite, Mitridatite, Blue Opal, Red Opal, Pascoite, Reddingite, Scapolite, Scawtite, Black Spinel, Taaffeite, Turgite, Veszelyite, Willemsite, Woodhouseite, Xenotime, Zaratite, Zebra Rock, Zincite
- “The Book of Stones, Revised Edition: Who They Are and What They Teach”, By Robert Simmons and Naisha Ahsian
- “The Crystal Bible: A Definitive Guide to Crystals,” by Judy Hall.
- “Love is in the Earth: A Kaliedoscope of Crystals,” by Melody.