Most Common Gemstones Associated With Capricorn
This Saturday we’ll be transitioning into the realm of Capricorn! (December 22 – January 20) If that is your birth sign and you’re interested in working with gemstones that are especially effective during this time, or if you’re shopping for a gift for a beloved Capricorn – here is a comprehensive list of gemstones below. Which ones are you most drawn to?
- Aragonite – (Solar Plexus Chakra) Stone of Energy – It is a stabilizing stone that centers and grounds physical energies, being useful in time of stress. It helps to prepare for meditation and stabilizes spiritual development. Metaphysically is it said to boost self-confidence and feelings of self-worth.
- Brazilianite – (Solar Plexus & Heart Chakras) – Stone of Loving Intellect – This stone helps us examine and define our personal boundaries. By allowing us to look at our relationships from an analytical perspective, and lovingly asserting our own needs and limits. Brazilianite is also a powerful intuitive tool and allows growth of psychic abilities and manifestation.
- Fluorite – (Third Eye Chakra) – Stone of Order & Balance – Fluorite brings order to chaos. Its energy stabilizes and connects the mind, body, heart and spirit energies. Being multi-colored it helps to balance and clear all the chakras and energetic channels allowing one to open to guidance from Spirit.
- Garnet – (Root & Sacral Chakra) – Stone of Health – Garnet removes negativity of all forms from our body and chakras and transmutes the energy to a beneficial state. It helps with emotional, spiritual and physical regeneration – helps everything become fresh and new. Garnet assists with purification, cleansing, and detoxification. Garnet also increases love, devotion, warmth and understanding in relationships.
- Idocrase (Vesuvianite) – (Heart Chakra) – Stone of Clearing – Named for its discovery near Mt. Vesuvius, this stone helps to dissipate and clear angry and negative feelings. As a Heart stone, it helps to increase one’s patience & self-compassion, and to break free from cycles of negative thought.
- Orbicular (Ocean) Jasper – (Heart & Crown Chakra) – Stone of Connection – Ocean Jasper is very soothing and helps to love one’s self as well as others. It is very healing of the emotions and brings peace of mind. It helps with acceptance of responsibility and increases patience. The circulars patterns on ocean jasper symbolize and help us realize that we are all interconnected and nature is a cyclical pattern. It can also help with circular breathing for healing or meditation. Being a type of jasper, ocean jasper is a very protective stone, and any orbs (“eyes”) enhance this in regard to protection from the “evil eye.”
- Malachite – (Heart Chakra) – Stone of Transformation – assisting one in changing situations and providing for the transfer of sacred information leading to spiritual evolution. It also protects one during these times of change. It helps with scenarios of rebirth and releasing negativity from the change.
- Star Sapphire – (Throat Chakra) – Stone of Wisdom – Star Sapphire is effective at centering one’s thoughts and understanding the intention of another. It is a positive stone that brings joy, optimism and appreciation for the beauty in one’s life. This positivity helps to attract even more gifts and luck to one’s life.
- Scolecite – (Crown Chakra) – Stone of Connection – Scolecite can gently enhance meditative and dream states. It can help you take control of life so that what you want can be manifested. It helps you connect with Universal, intuitive, Angelic, and Ancient sources of wisdom. The peace energies of Scolecite are far-reaching and can help one learn gentleness, inner peace, living from the heart with peace and lack of fear. It helps to connect the energies of people and groups transforming conflict into peace.
- Smoky Quartz – (Root Chakra) – Stone of Stability – It brings calm and centering, lifts depression, enhances practicality, and generally removes negative energies, bringing happiness. Smoky quartz is a protective stone, particularly for physical protection, protection from negativity, and psychic protection.
- Tiger’s Eye – (Solar Plexus Chakra) – Stone of Sun and Earth – This is a stone that allows us to see the Divine in our everyday life. It keeps us grounded while we reach to the Heavens. If you feel “spacey,” then Tiger Eye will help you feel more centered. Tiger Eye is also a stone that allows us to manifest our personal power, increases motivation and confidence.
- Black Tourmaline – (Root Chakra) – Stone of Protection – This is one of the most protective stones in existence. It dissolves and repels negativity. Black Tourmaline protects us from the negative energy of others. This gemstone keeps up our spirits in times of great stress and despair. It is a grounding stone that keeps us connected to the Earth and provides protection from negative entities on the Spirit Realm.
- Green Tourmaline – (Heart Chakra) – Stone of Mother Nature – This stone is deeply tied to the Plant Kingdom. It is very effective for Earth Healing and learning about nature and caring for plant life. This gem transmutes negative energy and dissipates it without sending it back out into the atmosphere; therefore, reducing any sort of negative energy pollution in your environment.
Find Gemstones for Capricorn in the Crystal Healing Store!
Join the Mailing List & get a FREE Crystal Healing Workbook!
Additional Gemstones for Capricorn:
Dry-Head Agate, Annabergite, Anthrophyllite, Antigorite, Augite, Brochanite, Cat’s Eye, Chalcopyrite, Black Coral, Cristobalite, Cuproadamite, Cylindrite, Erythrite, Fourmarierite, Galena, Harmotome, Rose-Eye Jasper, Leifite, Jet, Magnetite, Matlockite, Mimetite, Northuptite, Orpiment, Osumilite, Paracelsian, Pharmocosiderite, Pumice, Raspite, Roscherite, Stibnite, Tellurium, Tenorite, Trilobite, Veszelyite, Vivianite, Woodwardite
Source: “Love is in the Earth: A Kaliedoscope of Crystals,” by Melody.