Most Common Gemstones Associated With Sagittarius
This Thanksgiving Day we’ll be transitioning into the realm of Sagittarius (November 22 – December 21). If that is your birth sign and you’re interested in working with gemstones that are especially effective during this time – here is a comprehensive list below. Which ones are you most drawn to?
- Flame Agate – (Sacral & Crown Chakra) – Stone of Ignition – This stone acts as a catalyst for awakening and helps one to seek the light. It renews vitality, passion and creativity.
- Azurite – (Third Eye Chakra) – Stone of Heaven – Azurite encourages the pursuit of spiritual goals Divine communication, and awakening psychic abilities. It enhances the flow of information from the Universe. Azurite also calms a troubled mind allowing us to release worries and doubts about our destiny.
- Charoite – (Third Eye & Root Chakras) – Stone of Transmutation – Charoite helps us to understand and integrate the energies between the Third Eye and the Root chakras. We can touch deeper into the intuitive energies while staying grounded for safety. Charoite helps to transmute negative energies, and to understand better those who are immersed in negativity, allowing for deeper compassion and acceptance on a global level. Any negativity we pick up from others will be transformed and will not bring us down with it. Because of its transmutation qualities, it is a natural auric cleansing stone.
- Covellite – (Third Eye Chakra) – Stone of Higher Self – This stone is used to awaken metaphysical abilities and open a channel for Universal information. Covellite helps us to remain positive and enables us to turn dreams into concrete reality and to see the miracles that surround us in life.
- Herkimer Diamond – (Crown Chakra) – Stone of Attunement – This crystal can be used to attune the wearer to other person, environment, or spiritual practice. It helps one to “be” in the present moment allowing the necessary surrender and/or strength just sit with the situation and learns its lesson or wisdom. Herkimer Diamonds help one attain a new beginning in this lifetime. It brings fresh starts when needed.
- Iolite – (Third Eye Chakra) – Stone of Intuition – Iolite is used often during spiritual practices, such as healing, guided meditation, journeying, and astral projection) as it strengthens the Third Eye. It heightens intuitive abilities and accuracy of visions. It can help one move painlessly through change. Iolite aligns and balances all the fields of the aura.
- K2 Azurite “Ketonite” – (Third Eye Chakra) – Stone of Heaven on Earth – Assists in Divine opening on a grand scale. Helps to expand psychic abilities, intuitive reception, out-of-body journeying, and deepen meditative states. K2 Azurite allows us to connect and communication with our spirit guides and angels. This is also a naturally grounding stone that enables us to “keep our feet” while expanding open into the Divine.
- Labradorite – (Third Eye Chakra) – Stone of Transformation and Magic – It is said to clear, balance and protect the aura. It is purported to help provide clarity and insight into your destiny, as well as attract success. It is used in metaphysics for dream recall. Labradorite is said to increase intuition, psychic development, esoteric wisdom, help with subconscious issues, and provide mental illumination.
- Lapis Lazuli – (Throat Chakra) – Stone of Psychic Protection – Lapis has been used as a Power Stone since the Egyptian period. It awakens both the Third Eye and Throat Chakra enabling one to open up to metaphysical insight and be able to share the information with others. Lapis links the wearer to their spirit guides, and the stone itself is said to be able to sense an attack and reflect the negative energy back to its source.
- Nuummit – (Root Chakra) – Stone of Activation – Nuumit is an ancient stone that can open, activate, and clear all of the Chakras. Any energy blockages down the central channel will be dissolved. It is a grounding stone, so it links both the physical body to our heavenly self. It allows us to open to the Divine while staying stabilized in our body.
- Obsidian – (Root Chakra) Stone of Grounding – is an excellent grounding stone connecting the energy of the Heart to the Earth. It is a strong protection stone, protecting one from physical and emotional harm, as well as negative energies.
- Rhyolite – (Throat Chakra) – Stone of Resolution – Rhyolite can help one process issues from the past and to clear barriers blocking one’s progress to future goals. Helps one appreciate and focus on the present moment. Helps to work through past karma.
- Smokey Quartz – (Root Chakra) – Stone of Stability – It brings calm and centering, lifts depression, enhances practicality, and generally removes negative energies, bringing happiness. Smoky quartz is a protective stone, particularly for physical protection, protection from negativity, and psychic protection.
- Sodalite – (Throat Chakra) – Stone of Community – Eliminates confusion and stimulates the intellect. It also enhances truthfulness in emotions allowing one to speak honestly from the heart. It fosters solidarity in groups and helps move to common goals.
- Tanzanite – (Throat & Third Eye Chakras) – Stone of Magic – Tanzanite enhances the balance between personal power, creativity, will, and actualization, so one can bring their dreams to reality. It stimulates visions and insight into our Higher Goals. It has also been used to enable communication with the spirit world.
Want Healing Gemstone Jewelry? Check out the ReikiGemJewelry Store
Other Sagittarius Gems and Crystals:
Iris Agate, Alabaster, Argentite, Avogadrite, Azulicite, Azurite-Malachite, Basinite, Bunsenite, Cacoxenite, Cassiterite, Catlinite, Chalcedony, Chlorite, Cookeite, Blue Coral, Corundum, Danalite, Dioptase, Dundasite, Eilat Stone, Epistilibite, Euclase, Freibergite, Ganophyllite, Gaudefroyite, Gehlenite, Genthelvite, Heulandite, Holdenite, Hypersthene, Idocrase, Ilmenite, Bat Cave Jasper, Lazulite, Lazurite, Lepidocrocite, Manganosite, Mohawkite, Okenite, Black Opal, Fire Opal, Owyheeite, Palladium, Papagoite, Petoskey Stone, Picasso Stone, Psilomelane, Pyromorphite, Richterite, Sainfeldite, Senarmonite, Shattuckite, Sonolite, Sphene, Spinel, Steatite, Strengite, Thaumasite, Thoreaulite, Tsavorite, Williamsite, Wulfenite, Zunyite
Source: “Love is in the Earth: A Kaliedoscope of Crystals,” by Melody.